On July 1, 2020, Donna Warnken-Brill was sworn into the Commission. Please join us in welcoming her!
The Agenda for the July 22nd, 2020 Special Session on the Ranch Closure.
New Commission officers were elected on April 1, 2020. They took office on July 1, 2020.
- Chair: Ri Scott*
- Vice Chair: Suzanne Hendler
- Treasurer: Samantha Ybona
- Chair, Inspections Subcommittee: Shirley Lorenz
- Chair, Membership Subcommittee: Diane Sprouse
- Chair, Technology Subcommittee: Rushil Roy
* Pursuant to the Bylaws, enacted February 5, 2020, the Commission approved a waiver for the election of Ri Scott to the Chair, as Ri Scott had not served a year on the Commission. The waiver was approved by unanimous consent.
Commissioner Harvey Samuels tendered his resignation to the Commission on May 6, 2020. Mr. Samuels, a former Co-Chair of the Commission, has dedicated many years to service on the Commission and to volunteering with youth at the Orin Allen Youth Rehabilitation Facility. Please join us in thanking him for his service and wishing him luck as he enjoys his retirement!
In honor of his many years of service, the Commission unanimously voted to appoint Mr. Samuels as a Commissioner Emeritus.
The Commission is currently re-drafting its operating Policies & Procedures document. This is the current working draft of those revisions. The Commission currently plans to vote on finalizing its Policies & Procedures on September 2, 2020.
The currently active Policies & Procedures. There is a working revision before the Commission, scheduled for a vote on September 2, 2020.
The currently operable bylaws were approved by the Commission on February 5, 2020.